The battery in your Apple Watch is gradually running low, but it won’t charge. It can seem like your personal technology is going out of business. In a matter of minutes, the device will be completely dead. This article will show you how to fix an Apple Watch Series 3 that won’t charge.
How can I tell if my Apple Watch is charging?
It is not as easy as it is to see if your Apple Watch is charging. The Apple Watch displays the same lightning bolt icon that indicates it is connected to a charging source, but it disappears after only a few seconds.
To check if your Apple Watch has a charging port, swipe up from your watch’s bottom. Tap the button with a percentage to bring up a small menu.
This page displays the current battery status of your Apple Watch. If the number says “charging”, it means that your Apple Watch has successfully charged.
Keep reading if your Apple Watch is not charging when you place it on the magnetic charger.
HOW TO FIX A APPLE WATCH SERIES 3 THAT DOES NOT CHARGE
How do I charge my Apple Watch?
- Connect your Apple Watch’s magnetic charger cable to a power source.
- Place your Apple Watch on the concave side.
- Your Apple Watch will stay in place thanks to the magnet in your charging cable.
Hard Reset Your Apple Watch
Sometimes, a hard reset can be all that is needed to fix an Apple Watch that has gone haywire. Although it might not be permanent, this is a quick and simple fix before you get too far into the repair process.
You might also like another Apple Watch Charger
Your charger could be the problem. Your Apple Watch may not be working with any charger. Other chargers may work but your Apple Watch is likely to be the problem.
How do I try another Apple Watch Charger
- You might try plugging your charging cables into several power sources. You can also plug your charging cable into your car or computer if you charge normally with a wall outlet.
- Keep track of whether your Apple Watch charges when it is plugged into one power source or another.
You might also like another Apple Watch charging cable
The magnetic charging cables for Apple can be quite fragile. A damaged Apple Watch charging cable could be the cause of your problems. It could be worth your time to test the charging cable in a variety of ways. This will save you time and effort later.
To fully troubleshoot the charging cable on your Apple Watch, there are a few steps:
- Make sure to clean your Apple Watch charging cable and any dirt.
- Use an anti-static toothbrush to clean the USB end on your magnetic charging cable.
If this doesn’t work,
- If you have a spare charging cable, try another one.
- Your Apple Watch will charge with one charging cable but not the other, which means that you have a problem with your original charging cable.
You can erase all content and settings from your Apple Watch
This is a last resort option for Apple Watch home repairs. You may have a deeper issue with the software that is causing your Apple Watch problems. We can wipe the problem by erasing all settings and content.
How do I delete all settings and content from my Apple Watch?
- Open Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap To Delete All Content and Settings.
- When prompted, enter your passcode.
- To confirm, tap Erase All.
- Reconnect your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
Apple Watch Repair
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still can’t resolve the problem, it’s best to contact Apple directly. If you want to prevent the problem from getting worse, it is best to let a professional diagnose the device.
How do I repair my Apple Watch with Apple?
Apple can be reached via a variety of methods to arrange repairs. If you are willing to visit an Apple Store:
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar in your area.
- For a free diagnosis or repair quote, bring your Apple Watch to us!
If you’d prefer a mail-in repair service:
- Visit Apple’s support site.
- Apple offers mail-in repair services.