What to do if your AirPods don’t connect?
What to Know
- Open the AirPods case and press the button until the light turns white.
- Click the Action Center button in Windows taskbar > Right click Bluetooth > Add Bluetooth or another device > Bluetooth > Select the AirPods
- AirPods will work with HP laptops if Bluetooth is turned on.
AirPods can be used with Apple devices. They are easy to set up and use with iPhones. AirPods Pro and AirPods are Bluetooth-enabled, so they can be used with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
This means that AirPods can be connected to an HP laptop instead of a MacBook. Your AirPods can be connected to both your iPhone and your HP Laptop simultaneously. They can be switched between at any time.
Are AirPods compatible with laptops?
AirPods can be used with any Bluetooth-enabled device that connects to an audio output device or input device. AirPods will only work with laptops that support Bluetooth. To connect AirPods to a laptop without Bluetooth, you’ll need to purchase a Bluetooth dongle.
All modern HP laptops are equipped with Bluetooth so you can use AirPods with your HP laptop in the same way as any Bluetooth headphones or headsets.
Connecting AirPods to an HP laptop
AirPods can connect via Bluetooth. To connect AirPods with an HP laptop, turn Bluetooth on, place the AirPods in pairing mode and then connect them. Your AirPods will automatically reconnect once they are set up. You can also manually disconnect and connect them.
Here are the steps to connect your AirPods with your HP laptop.
- To open the Action Center, click the Action Center button from your taskbar or hit Windo with the Key + B keys.
- Right click Bluetooth.
- Click on Go to Settings.
- To turn on Bluetooth, simply click the button if it is not turned on.
- Click + Add Bluetooth to add another device.
- Click Bluetooth.
- Open your AirPods case.
- Hold the button on your AirPods Case.
- Release the button when the light turns white.
Tip: The light could be located inside or outside your case.
- Click on your AirPods to be added to the list.
Tip: The AirPods will first appear as headphones and then display the name that you gave them when you set them up.
- Wait for the AirPods pair before clicking Done.
Using AirPods with an HP laptop
It is not the same thing as connecting AirPods to an HP notebook. After connecting the AirPods, you will need to change the audio outputs if you want to use the AirPods for music, video, chat, or any other purpose. If audio is not coming from your AirPods, this may occur automatically.
If you have connected multiple devices to your laptop in the past, it may offer several audio options. However, an HP laptop will only show Speaker / Audio (Realtek(R), Audio)). You can use your AirPods by switching from this output to your AirPods.