Transfer your PS4 apps and games to PS5
What to Know
PS5 Data Transfer: Navigate to Settings > System > Software > Data Transfer on PlayStation5. Turn on PS4 > Select items > .
Cloud Storage: Click Download and go to Settings > Saved data and Game/App Settings > Save Data for PS4 > Cloud Storage for PS5.
USB: Copy files from your PS4 to a USB flash drive. Then insert the USB drive into your PS5. To manage the transfer, go to the settings of each console.
You can transfer save files from your PS4 to your new PS5 if you just upgraded to a PlayStation 4 to a PlayStation 5 . This article will show you how to transfer data from PS4 and PS5 quickly.
NOTE:This article will cover data transfers that were made after your initial PS5 set-up. You may be able to complete a Data Transfer on your PS5 during setup. To do this, follow the instructions.
How do I transfer my PS4 data to the PS5 after setup?
The process is almost identical, regardless of whether you want to transfer all PS4 data and specific games or apps. You can import files from any PS4 via the Data Transfer option on the PS5’s Settings menu.
Before you start, you will need:
- An internet connection is required to power the PS4
- An internet connection is required to power the PS5
- You will need a TV or monitor to connect to each console. Although you can still do a Data Transfer using one display, we recommend that two be used to prevent having to swap HDMI cables.
Faster transfer speeds can be achieved by connecting both consoles to the internet via a wired connection. To increase transfer speeds, you can connect consoles to the internet with a LAN cable if a Wi-Fi connection does not exist.
IMPORTANT:Before you start data transfers, ensure that both the PS4 (and PS5) have the most recent software.
- Turn on your PS5 and log in to your account. Navigate to Settings > Software > Data Transfer
- Click Continue after you have read the warnings.
- Turn on your PS4 to sign in.
- Your PS5 will start searching for your PS4. If the PS5 is not able to locate it, make sure both consoles are connected and then restart your PS4.
- Once you locate the PS4, press the power button on the PS4 for 1 second, until the PS4 beeps. This will take you 5 minutes before the process is reset.
- When the PS4 restarts you will see a list with all the saved files on the console. You can select the data that you wish to transfer by selecting individual files or you can choose to Select All. Once you are done, click Next.
- Click Next to select any apps or games you wish to transfer.
- The PS5 will show an estimate of the transfer time. To begin, click Start Transfer
- Wait for the transfer process to complete. The transfer notification may be displayed on your PS4 even after you restart your PS5. This is because the PS5 may need additional time to install games files.
NOTE:During the transfer, do not turn off your PS5 and PS4!
I would like to know how to transfer data from PS4 to PS5. What is the fastest method?
A wired connection will generally transfer data faster than a wireless one. If you need to transfer PS4 data, however, it is faster to use the PS5’s Data Transport to download your saved files.
Cloud Storage can only be accessed with a PlayStation Plus membership. Even though you have Cloud Storage enabled on your PS4, it is not guaranteed that all save files are uploaded. They may have to be uploaded first.
- Select Settings > Application Saved data Management > Saved Files in System Storage to ensure that your PS4 save files are uploaded into cloud storage
- Choose Upload to Online Storage.
- You can select one or more files from this menu by pressing the Options button on controller and clicking Select Multiple Applications. After you have made your selections, click Upload.
- Turn on your PS5 to access Settings > Saved data and Game/App Settings > Save data (PS4) > Cloud Storage.
- Select the files that you wish to download to your PS5’s console storage under Download to Console Storage and click on Download.
- Go to Settings > Storage > Saved data in the Console Storage > PS4 games. This will show all PS4 save files on your PS5.
How to Transfer Data from USB Storage Device
You can transfer saved files to a USB storage device if you don’t have Cloud Storage or prefer not use the Data Transfer feature on the PS5.
This is done by taking a memory stick or hard drive with extra memory and inserting it into your PS4. Follow these instructions:
You can save time with data transfers All PS4-compatible external hard drives (HDDs) are supported by the PS5. You can access your games and save files on a USB HDD if you connect it to your PS4.
- Navigate to Setting > Application Saved data Management > Saved Data In System Storage, and then select Copy To USB Storage Device.
- Click Copy on the files that you want to move.
- After the files have been copied, take the USB device out of your PS5 and insert it in. These files will need to be manually copied to your PS5’s local storage.
- Navigate to Settings>>> Save Data and Game/App Settings> Save Data (PS4), and then select USB Drive.
- Select Copy to Console Store. After the files have been copied, you will be able access your PS4 saves files via PS5.
Is it possible to connect a PS4 controller to a PS5 console?
To connect a PS4 to a PS5 use the included charging cable to connect your PS4 controller and the PS5 console. To turn on your Playstation 4 controller, press the PS key. Next, choose a user. Now the controller is ready to be used.
How can I connect a PS5 controller with a PS4 console?
Although a PS5 controller cannot be connected to a PS4, there is an alternative: RemotePlay. This allows you to stream games from your PS4 directly to another device. You can connect your PS4 to any device that has a DualSense controller attached, either wirelessly or via USB. These devices can be an iPhone, Apple TV or Android device. You can then use the DualSense controller for playing games on your PS4.
How can I convert PS4 games to PS5?
You can play multiple PS4 games on your PS5, but some games allow you to upgrade a PS4 game from its PS4 version to the PS5. You won’t be able to upgrade your game automatically. To upgrade to PS5, you will need to go to the PlayStation Network game page.