Let others see what you are seeing
What to Know
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your gaming computer to your TV and turn it on.
- SteamVR should be started. Make sure that your headset is properly plugged in.
- Select DisplayVR View from the SteamVR options menu.
This guide will show you how to set up a mirror from your HTC Vive headset on a TV so others can also see it.
Can you connect HTC Vive to TV?
Yes. You can mirror your view on a computer monitor the same way that you can do it on a TV. Simply connect the headset to your TV and the PC.
- HDMI cable connects your gaming computer to the TV that you wish to display the visuals. DisplayPort to HDMI converters are available if you don’t have enough HDMI ports.
- Set up your HTC Vive headset by opening up your computer.
- To map your new space, you will need to place your HTC Vive Lighthouse trackers correctly. Drag the window to increase or decrease the aspect ratio. You can also choose Fullscreen to make it fill the TV’s entire screen.
- The Menu at the top of the page offers options to display both eyes, or choose one.
- Mirroring the audio is a great idea so that everyone can hear what’s going on. This may happen automatically. If it doesn’t, go to Audio in the SteamVR settings menu to select the mirror output device. Get the HTC Vive headset up and running Steam or SteamVR.
- Select the SteamVR menu and choose Display VR View. This will display a small window showing the VR headset’s contents on connected displays, such as your TV.
Is HTC Vive a user of HDMI?
The HTC Vive connects via an HDMI cable to a host computer, but the headset connects directly to its own link box. The link box connects to the computer using an HDMI cable.
How do I display VR on my TV?
Each VR headset has a different way of displaying a live feed on your TV. Some VR headsets can be connected directly while others, such as the HTC Vive Pro, require that they first connect to a gaming computer. You can connect your HTC Vive Pro or HTC Vive Pro headset via Steam to your TV by following the steps.
How do you set up HTC Vive?
To Set up the HTC Vive VR System for a Room-Scale Experience, first create a play area and then mount the Lighthouse sensors in opposite corners, with about 6.5 feet between each. Next, download Steam and log into your Steam account to install SteamVR. Follow the prompts to connect your headset to the linkbox, then plug it into your computer.
How do I set up HTC Vive Cosmos?
The HTC Vive Cosmos system is an upgraded version of the HTC ViveVR system. You will need a Viveport account to set up the HTC Vive Cosmos. After installing the Vive and SteamVR, go to Vive’s setup page. Follow the prompts to download, install and run the setup file. If you move the Cosmos system into a different area, you will need to redo the setup.
How can I get a HTC Vive for free?
Although the HTC Vive doesn’t come free, HTC occasionally offers VR access for a limited time with certain HTC Vive Cosmos purchases. HTC offers limited-time free trials of a Viveport subscription with purchase of an HTC Vive Cosmos. This gives you access to even more games. You can also get free Vive experiences and games.