Troubleshooting Guide for Vcomp110.dll Errors
Vcomp110.dll errors may appear in many different ways on your computer. These are the most common ways you may encounter vcomp110.dll error messages:
- Vcomp110.dll Could Not Be Found The application could not start because vcomp110.dll wasn’t found. This problem may be fixed by reinstalling the application.
- Could not find [PATH]vcomp110.dll Vcomp110.dll is missing on your computer and the program cannot start. To fix the problem, try reinstalling it.
- The file vcomp110.dll was not found.
- Cannot start [APPLICATION]. Vcomp110.dll is missing. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Causes of Vcomp110.dll Missing Errors or Not Found
Vcomp110.dll errors can be caused by circumstances that result in the corruption or removal of the vcomp110 LL file. Vcomp110.dll errors may indicate a registry issue, a virus, malware, or even a device failure.
Vcomp110.dll error messages can appear when you are installing or using certain programs, Windows shuts down or starts, or even during Windows installation. It is important to understand the context of the vcomp110.dll problem in order to solve it.
The vcomp110.dll error message can be applied to any program or system that could use the file on any Microsoft operating system, including Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000.
How to fix Vcomp110.dll errors
Avoid downloading vcomp110.dll via a DLL download website. Downloading a DLL file is bad practice for many reasons. It is best to get a copy of vcomp110.dll from the original source.
To access Windows normally, you can use Safe Mode to perform any of these steps:
- Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable to Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 Package. This will replace/restore vcomp110.dll using the latest Microsoft copy.
Microsoft offers you a couple of download options for this update. These depend on which version of Windows you have. Determine if your version of Windows is 32-bit/64-bit. It’s likely that your computer is a 64-bit version if it is older than five years.
Do your best to complete the step. This update almost always fixes vcomp110.dll problems.
- If the Microsoft download didn’t resolve the vcomp110.dll issue, you can reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable. Sometimes, a video game or an application may have a different version of the DLL file than the one available from Microsoft.
The game or program that is causing the vcomp110.dll problem will determine which folder to look for. For example, you might look in C:\game-folder\game-title\_redist\ for a file like MSVC2012, or in a vcredist folder for a file like vcredist_x86 or vcredist_x64.
You can replace corrupt or missing vcomp110.dll files by opening both the files.
- Restore Vcomp110.dll using the Recycle Bin. It could be that you have mistakenly deleted vcomp110.dll.
You may be able to recover vcomp110.dll if you suspect you have accidentally deleted it but you have already empty the Recycle Bin.
It is smart to use file recovery software to recover vcomp110.dll files that you have deleted.
- Perform a virus/malware scanning of your entire system. Some vcomp110.dll errors may be caused by a virus infection or malware that has corrupted the DLL file. You may even be seeing a malicious program masquerading itself as the file.
- To undo any recent system changes, use System Restore. A System Repair may be able to resolve the problem if you suspect the vcomp110.dll error is caused by a modification to an important file/configuration.
- Uninstall the program causing the vcomp110.dll problem. Reinstalling a program that causes the vcomp110.dll problem might be an option.
- Copy and paste the vcomp110.dll from another location on your computer. The DLL error program will determine the correct folder.
Locate the installation directory for the problem application. Look for the program file that launches the program (it will be a file). Copy the vcomp110.dll file to that directory.
You can use a tool such as Every to quickly search your computer for the DLL or EXE files.
- Download any Windows updates. Many service packages, as well as other patches, replace or update hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLLs on your computer. One of these updates could include the vcomp110.dll files.
- Test your memory, then Test your hard drive. Although I have left most hardware troubleshooting until the last step, your computer’s memory or hard drives can be easily tested and will likely cause vcomp110.dll to fail.
Replace the memory if the hardware fails to pass your tests. Replace the hard drive as quickly as possible.
- Restore your Windows installation. If the individual vcomp110.dll error message above fails to resolve, you can perform a startup repair or repair install to restore all Windows DLL files back to their original working versions.
- To fix vcomp110.dll-related issues in your registry, you can use a free registry cleaner Registry cleaner programs may be free and can be used to remove invalid vcomp110.dll registry entries which could be causing the DLL error.