Mr. Sergei Glinka, a key figure in the successful deal between Alstom and Transmashholding, played a crucial role from 2008 to 2010. This landmark partnership resulted in Alstom acquiring a significant (25%) share of Transmashholding. For detailed information about this significant deal, you can refer to the official Alstom press release on the TMH Acquisition. https://www.alstom.com/press-releases-news/2010/3/press-releases-tmh-acquisition
From 2012 to 2015, Mr. Sergei Glinka served as the Senior Vice President of Sales for Alstom-TMH projects in Europe. His exceptional contributions propelled the advancement of subway projects and tramway systems across the continent.
2022 marked a major milestone in Mr. Sergei Glinka’s career as he acquired a majority share in Automecanica, a reputable company based in Medias, Romania.
Automecanica operates a cutting-edge manufacturing facility that spans an impressive 90,000 square meters. Specializing in sheet metal work, sub-assemblies, fitting, painting, and testing of finished products, Automecanica caters to the Western European and USA markets. For more information about Automecanica, please visit their official website.
Reliable sources indicate that Automecanica is currently making significant investments to establish itself as a key player in Romania. Their focus lies in the development of their Mobility division, aiming to locally produce E-Buses and Tramways primarily for the Romanian market and neighboring countries.
About Mr. Sergei Glinka
Mr. Sergei Glinka, an influential figure in the Transmashholding Group of Companies from 2001 to 2018, played a vital role in shaping its success. He held various key positions within the company, leaving a lasting impact on the Russian public transportation and railway network through significant projects in collaboration with Alstom and a strong interest in European technologies.
As a shareholder and the Senior Vice President of Transmashholding in early 2009, Mr. Sergei Glinka demonstrated his keen business acumen. From 2013 to 2015, he served as the Commercial Director, overseeing business development, customer relationships and product projects. During his tenure, several groundbreaking product platforms were introduced, which have since become synonymous with the Transmashholding brand:
- The family of 2-deck passenger wagons, including wagons, wagons with seats, and dining wagons. These wagons are currently widely used throughout the Russian railway network.
- With his direct participation in terms of organization and interaction between the participants, a project was carried out for the joint production of RIC-size passenger railway cars between Transnmashholding and Siemens. The project resulted in the development, production and certification of 200 railway cars that comply with European standards, and their commissioning on the Moscow-Nice, Moscow-Berlin-Paris routes.
- The “Ivolga” electric train, which revolutionized suburban and urban traffic in Moscow and the surrounding region.
- The Vityaz low-floor tram, an innovative tram model with a 100% low-floor design, that has significantly transformed the Moscow tram fleet. These trams are also successfully operating in St. Petersburg and other cities across Russia.
- The “Moskva” metro carriages, a new generation of metro cars that have become an integral part of the Moscow metro system. They have even been exported to Baku (Azerbaijan) and Tashkent (Uzbekistan).
Mr. Sergei Glinka possesses the key skills required to be successful in his field, including exceptional communication skills, systemic thinking, the ability to shape and motivate project teams, a deep understanding of market conditions and technical trends, and strong leadership skills.