Connecting to the internet is essential to get the best out of your LG smart television. Although it might seem complicated, setting up a new WiFi connection for your TV is usually quite simple.
How to Turn WiFi on LG TV
These steps will enable you to turn on WiFi on your LG TV.
- To access the Settings option press the Home button on your remote.
- Select Network, then Wi-Fi Connection.
- Enter your password and select your wireless network.
- Connect your LG TV with the internet
It is impossible to connect LG TVs to WiFi
These are two common ways to fix connection problems when your LG TV doesn’t turn on WiFi.
- After unplugging the LG TV, wait 30 seconds before plugging it in again.
- You can do a factory reset by clicking on All settings > General Reset.
These are just some of the options available to you if your LG TV is still not connected with WiFi.
Move your TV’s location
LG TVs are prone to connectivity issues, no matter why they’re set up to “Set Automatically”.
The software on the TV seems to have difficulty locating the location, and the WiFi connection does not work.
Manually updating the TV’s position can fix this. Change the TV’s location by going to all settings > Location LG Country.
It is important to select a random country from this list and not your own country. The TV will reset automatically. You can go back and select your country again.
After the TV has reset you can go back to the location and choose Set Automatically.
After logging in, you’ll be asked to setup your WiFi connection.
“WiFi is Off” message
A manufacturer may be responsible for a problem with connecting WiFi to an older LG model. This problem can sometimes be caused by a crimped HDMI Cable.
The message “WiFi has been disabled” appears. You can turn it on to see all the networks you are able to connect to and other related items.
If you get this message, these steps will assist you.
Dropping WiFi connection in and out
These tips will help you if your LG TV loses WiFi.
- Your TV should be placed closer to your wireless router.
- A better choice for a reliable connection is an ethernet cable
- Remove any object that could interfere with the signal, such as baby monitors, microwaves, and cordless phones.
- Check to see if the TV has USB hard drives. They can sometimes cause problems with your viewing experience.
You can still contact your internet provider if you have any questions.
Even though not all TVs support Quick Start, it can cause connectivity issues in the past. Turn it off if your TV has Quick Start.
- Select All settings in the Settings menu.
- Select General
- Scroll down to the Quick Start button, and then turn off.
- Turn off your TV, and unplug it.
- Press the power button for 30 seconds on your TV.
- Turn on the TV and plug it in. Connect to the WiFi network.
Your network is not on the list
To check if your WiFi network doesn’t appear on the list, you can try the following:
- Make sure that the router is turned on.
- It is important that you place the router near your TV with no obstructions such as walls.
- After unplugging your TV and router, wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
I joined the network, but I don’t have internet access
If you are unable to connect to internet and get an error message saying that there is no connection, then check your other devices such as your phone, to ensure they are functioning properly.
Your internet provider should be contacted if your TV displays an error message, but it works fine.
Sometimes, WiFi connectivity issues can be caused by out-of-date software.
This could be a sign that your TV’s software needs to be updated. You can check the settings menu to see if there are any updates. However, to download them you will need to connect via WiFi.
An Ethernet cable can be used for connecting your TV to the WiFi. You can then download any updates. Now, the WiFi should be available.
Select the Settings menu using your remote. Select General and then All settings. Next, choose About this TV. Finally, check for new updates.
You were unable to join because you used the wrong password
If you have received an error message or already located your network, double-check your password inputs.
Passwords should be entered in the correct case You can choose the show password option to see what you’re typing.
After entering your password correctly, your internet provider may not be able to connect your password.
There are other ways you can connect WiFi to your LG TV
You don’t have to connect your TV to the WiFi.
If you are concerned about internet security, you can choose to not connect your TV. You will still be able to access some of the smart features.
If you don’t want to set up wireless connections on your LG television but still want to use apps, there are many options.
If you prefer a wired connection, an ethernet cable can connect to your TV through your router.
This will ensure you always have internet access, provided your router is on. This will make your connection more stable.
If you don’t want to use the WiFi on your LG TV, but still need to have access to streaming apps, you might consider purchasing a Firestick or Chromecast.
To stream digital content through apps like Netflix, Prime and Disney+, you can connect your consoles, such as the PS4, PS5, or XBOX Series X, to your TV.