If you are considering surgery to help you lose weight, you may be wondering if gastric sleeve surgery is the right option for you. This type of surgery can be an effective weight loss tool, but it is not right for everyone. Here is some information about gastric sleeve surgery to help you decide if it is right for you.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery, also called sleeve gastrectomy, is a type of weight loss surgery that removes a portion of the stomach. This reduces the amount of food the stomach can hold, which means you will feel full sooner and eat less overall.
Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The cost of gastric sleeve surgery will vary depending on the surgeon, the facility, and the region where you live. In general, however, you can expect to pay anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 for the procedure. This may seem like a lot of money up front, but it is important to remember that gastric sleeve surgery is a major operation that can have life-changing results.
When you compare the cost of surgery to the cost of other weight loss treatments such as diet pills and weight loss programs, gastric sleeve surgery is actually quite affordable. Additionally, many insurance companies will cover at least a portion of the cost of gastric sleeve surgery, so be sure to check with your provider to see if you qualify for coverage.
How To Find the Right Surgeon
If you’re considering a gastric sleeve surgery, it’s important to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon. Here are some tips on how to find a good gastric sleeve surgeon:
- Make sure the surgeon is certified.
- Ask about the surgeon’s experience performing gastric sleeve surgery.
- Find out if the surgeon has any malpractice claims or disciplinary actions against them.
- Ask for referrals from other patients who have had gastric sleeve surgery with the surgeon.
- Meet with the surgeon in person to get a sense of their bedside manner and whether you feel comfortable with them.
- Be sure to ask about all fees associated with the surgery, including any hidden costs.
By following these tips, you can be sure to find a qualified and experienced gastric sleeve surgeon who will provide you with the best possible care.