Your iPad will not respond no matter what you do with your Apple Pencil. Your Apple Pencil 1st Generation won’t charge because it looks like the battery is dead. These steps will ensure that your Apple Pencil 1st Generation is fully charged within minutes.
Charging the Apple Pencil Normally
It takes slightly longer to charge the original Apple Pencil model than the Apple Pencil 2nd Generation. You won’t be able to charge your iPad if you try to attach it magnetically to the device.
To charge your Apple Pencil, remove the cap at the back of the device. Then, connect your Apple Pencil’s Lightning Connector to your iPad’s Lightning Port.
Try these troubleshooting tips if your Apple Pencil won’t charge when you plug it into.
How to Check the Life of Your Apple Pencil Battery
You can check the battery life of your Apple Pencil on your iPad to verify if it is charged.
To open the Today View, swipe left to right on your iPad’s Home screen. To check if your Apple Pencil is charging at zero, look under the Batteries heading. Here are some ways to make your Apple Pencil 1st Generation charge again if you discover that this is the case.
HOW TO REPLACE AN APPLE PENDIL THAT DOES NOT CHARGE
7 STEPS TOTAL
1.Use a Lightning Cable to Charge Your Apple Pencil 1st Gen
Your Apple Pencil’s battery could have failed if it stopped working suddenly after being used for a while. You can charge your Apple Pencil 1st Generation easily with a standard Lightning Cable.
How do I charge my Apple Pencil 1st Gen with a Lightning Cable?
- Take off the cap on your Apple Pencil 1st Generation.
- The Lightning Adaptor for Apple Pencils can be used to adjust the lighting input on your Apple Pencil.
- Connect a Lightning Cable to any power source.
- Connect the Lightning Cable on the opposite end of the Apple Pencil Lightning Adaptor.
2.Bluetooth on Your iPad
Bluetooth allows your iPad to connect to Bluetooth devices like headphones (including Apple AirPods), speakers and keyboards.
How can I activate Bluetooth on my iPad
- Open the Settings app for your iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth
- Next Bluetooth, tap the switch. The switch will turn on when it turns green and is positioned to your right.
3.Check that your iPad is compatible with Apple Pencil (First Generation).
Apple Pencil currently comes in two versions, as well as a variety of iPad models. Unfortunately, not all Apple Pencil generations are compatible with every iPad.
Your Apple Pencil 2nd Generation is not compatible with your iPad if you are experiencing issues with it. You can save time and frustration by checking the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil before you attempt to fix a variety of Apple Pencil issues.
How do I make sure my iPad is compatible with Apple Pencil (First Generation).
- You should have an Apple Pencil 1st Generation. You can tell if your Apple Pencil’s shape is perfect round if it’s a 1st Generation version.
- Your iPad model can be checked. To find out which type of iPad you own, visit Apple’s Identify Your iPad Model.
- Apple’s Apple Pencil compatibility webpage will tell you if your iPad is compatible with your Apple Pencil 1st Generation.
4.Clean Your Apple Pencil 1st Generation
Your hygiene and your health can be affected by a dirty Apple Pencil. Your Apple Pencil 1st Generation will run normally if you keep it clean. This will help reduce the chance of serious problems.
Cleaning your Apple Pencil early on in the troubleshooting process is a good idea if it’s malfunctioning. You should read these steps carefully before you start to clean your Apple Pencil.
How to Clean My Apple Pencil?(1st Gen)
- A micofiber or lint-free cloth can be given a little moisture by adding a bit of water.
- Move the cloth gently from one end to the other of the Apple Pencil, beginning at the tip.
- Do not wipe the tip of your Apple Pencil.
5.Reset Network Settings On Your iPad
It can be difficult to track down a problem in your iPad’s Bluetooth or VPN settings. Instead of trying to find it, we will reset all network settings to try to fix the problem.
- Start the Settings App.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset or Transfer iPad.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your iPad passcode.
- When the confirmation alert appears, tap Reset
- Reset your iPad’s network settings to force a restart.
6.Forget Your Apple Pencil As A Bluetooth Device
An Apple Pencil that stops working properly could be due to interference with its Bluetooth connection. Removing the Apple Pencil can allow both devices to establish a new connection.
How the Apple Pencil can be Forgotten As A Bluetooth Device?
- Open Settings in your iPad.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth tab.
- Find your Apple Pencil within your iPad’s Bluetooth device list.
- For more information, click on the blue “i” icon.
- Select To Forget This Device.
7.Pair Apple Pencil 1st Generation To iPad
Before you can use your Apple Pencil you must ensure that it is properly paired to your iPad.
The Apple Pencil 1st Generation works differently to other Bluetooth devices. The process is very simple, but don’t be alarmed.
These steps will help you pair your iPad with your Apple Pencil, whether you are pairing it for the first or second time.
How can the Apple Pencil be paired with the 1st Generation iPad?
- Take off the cap at the back of the Apple Pencil.
- Wait for the pairoption to appear on iPad. Then, select pair.
- After the devices have paired, unplug the Apple Pencil to get your device back on its own.
The Pencil is Your Power!
An Apple Pencil is a valuable tool for professional and creative activities. Your Apple Pencil 1st Generation may not charge properly, so it will serve less purpose than a regular stylus. The Apple Pencil 1st Generation is very easy to use, and should be fully charged within minutes.